Blogging on a regular basis can be tough, and every once in a while the blogger will inevitably run out of things to say. We’ve all experienced it. Lack of inspiration. Writer’s block. Nothing to say.
What do you do when the conversation goes dry?
What to Blog About When You Have Nothing to Blog About
- Post a picture. Like this bride and groom shot from last weekend’s wedding. The groom said he didn’t like black and white photos….so I had to try a few out in black and white, of course.
- Re-visit an old post. If you’ve been blogging for any length of time, it’s likely that your readers have not seen your earlier posts. Add some new commentary and post it again.
- Ask your readers a question. Let the comments be the meat.
- Share your recipe for tonight’s dinner. Everyone loves new meal ideas. FYI–We had frozen lasagna tonight.
- Talk about a product or TV show or movie or food that you are currently crazy (or not so crazy) about.
- Find a tweet or a Facebook update that inspires you. My latest tweet, “I almost bought a Charlie Brown tree today. As in a REAL Charlie Brown tree. It’d be SO nice not to have to move furniture around this month” could be an entire post.
- Share your thoughts on someone else’s blog post.
- Participate in a Meme. Some of my favorites are Wordless/Ful Wednesday, I Heart Faces challenges, and my own Photostory Friday/Give Me Your Best Shot weekly memes.
- Embarrass your kids by telling the world the silly things they’ve said or done recently. My 5 year old is obsessed with body parts and endlessly entertaining.
- Make a list. Top 10s are always fun.
What are your tricks for getting past writer’s block?
PS–Just a tip. It’s always a good idea to save drafts. Because hitting publish and then discovering that you’ve inadvertantly erased an entire post is never good for writer’s block.
© 2010, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines