As soon as I got the kids to school this morning, I ran home and got myself ready to drive down to a friend’s house for a photo shoot. As hard as a one year old toddler is to keep still, newborns are even MORE tough to photograph. I tell every single new parent that the peaceful, sweet photos of newborns that they see are a misconception. Newborn photo shoots are never peaceful and quiet. Those angelic photos come after 400+ pictures and a couple of hours of patience.
Multiply that by two today for Newborn TWINS!
If it’s hard to keep one baby happy during a photo shoot, its doubly tricky to keep two babies happy at the same time. Either one was fussing…
Or the other one was.
Every once in a while I caught some pictures that I fell in love with.
Really, as much as I might complain about how hard it is, I LOVE spending time with new babies and I love taking their pictures. And, of course, the simple fact that I got to hold two week old twins today was enough to make my ENTIRE DAY.
Things that did NOT make my day:
- Getting hit by a flying rock on the freeway and needing to get my windshield repaired.
- Seeing the Service Engine light come on right after the windshield was cracked.
- Getting a call from Reese’s school saying that she received a head injury during PE this afternoon. The school nurse said that she was just fine (she had collided with another student in her class).
- Discovering, after Reese came home from school 20 minutes later, that her hair was crusted over with blood. The nurse missed the fact that the other student’s TOOTH broke skin…
- Calling the Pediatrician, only to have the office tell me that I should call the office back when there would be nurses available for me to chat with. When I asked when that would be, the receptionist told me that they should be around on Friday.
- Being so numb and tired and blah that I got no work done.
Other things that happened today that were not so bad:
- Finding out that Reese’s soccer practice was cancelled because of rain (don’t worry – I wouldn’t have sent her on account of her head injury)
- Having my pregnancy post featured on the front page of ABC News’ Million Moms Challenge blog.
- Picking KitKat up after she was gone for 2 1/2 days as a counselor at Outdoor Ed.
- Talking to my mom on the phone.
My bed has been calling me for hours…
© 2011, Lolli. All rights reserved.