I made these chicken salad wraps for dinner tonight and WOWed my family. I found the original recipe on 30 Days, 30 Ways, 30 Rewards and like I frequently do with recipes, I modified it to make it my own (specifically, I added fresh spinach to my wraps because it sounded so good with the pesto. I also mixed the bacon in with the chicken and pesto because I thought that the flavors would marinate together well).
The result? Pure yumminess!
This wonderfully light but flavorful recipe is quick and easy (ready in under 30 minutes!), and the chicken pesto mixture stores well for left overs for tomorrow's lunch.
- 1 - 2 lbs grilled chicken, diced
- 4 - 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared basil pesto
- Package of 6 inch wheat tortillas
- Fresh spinach
- Romaine lettuce, cut
- 1 - 2 cups grape tomatoes, washed and cut
- Prepare chicken in skillet or on the grill (or use already prepared chicken like Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken strips. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp and crumble. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise and basil pesto until smooth.
- Stir chicken and bacon into the pesto mixture.
- To assemble wraps: Load your tortilla to your taste with the chicken pesto mixture, spinach, lettuce, and tomatoes. Fold tortilla burrito-style.
Like this recipe? Feel free to PIN it or share. Thanks!
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.