Have I mentioned that I have a sweet tooth? I think it would be more accurate to say that I have a few dozen sweet teeth. I just can’t get enough of baking yummy treats, and Pinterest has introduced me to some of the most delicious sweets imaginable.
This week’s treat is a recipe that I found from Six Sister’s Stuff for Butterfinger Blondies. As usual, I have modified the recipe slightly (sometimes I modify for taste, but most often I modify because of what I do or don’t have available in my kitchen).
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger Bars
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup chopped Butterfinger Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix.
- Add your dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda) until just combined.
- Stir in your chopped Butterfinger.
- Spread in a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until center is just set.
- Cool completely before adding frosting.
- Cream the butter and shortening together with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar on low speed. Turn speed to medium and mix until smooth.
- Stir in ½ cup chopped Butterfinger. (I reserved a little bit to sprinkle on top)
- Spread on your cooled blondies and enjoy!
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.