These might possibly be the cutest and easiest little treats for Valentine’s Day. My kids have gone crazy over these miniature donuts (or doughnuts or however you care to spell them…). My teenager even commented that they were surprisingly yummy.
- Cheerios (we used honey nut)
- a small handful of chocolate chips, melted
- melt a small handful of chocolate chips (this takes a very small amount of chocolate)
- sprinkle some nonpareils in a shallow bowl (you can match the color to any holiday or occassion)
- dip the top of a Cheerio in the melted chocolate and then in the nonpareils
- let the chocolate cool to harden
- I used a toothpick to clear away the sprinkles from the middle of the Cheerios, so that I could see the “doughnut hole” more clearly
See….I told you they were easy!
I swear…kids love these!
Note: this was not my original idea. I saw a picture of these somewhere and had bookmarked it in my brain to try someday. Unfortunately, I did not bookmark any links, so I don’t know who came up with this originally.
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.