Those who know me currently might laugh at this post’s title, considering the fact that I am totally not a party person. I have a great time when I attend parties but I really prefer not to be the one in charge.
The funny thing is, despite my discomfort at being the hostess, I admit I have put on some pretty enjoyable get-togethers over the years. Yes, even introverts can throw a good party.
Here are a few of the tips that keep me sane and my guests happy:
- Open floor space and adequate seating really helps people enjoy themselves and be comfortable. Because we have a small house, that usually means moving furniture around.
- Set the mood with some background music.
- Need photos? Ask a guest or two to snap some pics. It’s too tough to be hostess AND photographer.
- Most parties will “run” themselves – get friends together and they are sure to chat and laugh the night away. I have loosened up on the planning and just let my parties “go natural.”
- Food, food, food. Really….who needs games or fancy decorations if you’ve got plenty of good food for guests to snack on? I concentrate MOST of my pre-party energies on the food, and it always pays off.
We didn’t throw a SuperBowl party this past weekend, but I did whip up some Big Game style food for my family. What better than buffalo chicken and blue cheese to celebrate football (even if you’re not celebrating football…)?
Don’t miss the Buy 4 Get $10 Any’Tizers Promotion that runs now through February 17th. For information visit Tyson’s Facebook Page.
Ready to win BIG?
Tell me what tips you have for hosting a successful party for friends and family for the Big Game and be entered to win a 42” LG flat Screen TV!
Tyson Any’tizers are a great snack that satisfies your kids (and YOU) on game day or any day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Any’Tizers. The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the Tyson Any’Tizers Brand. Official Sweepstakes Rules
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines