There’s something about the fresh air and the emergence of Spring that awakens my senses and makes me energized to be more active, eat more fresh foods, and enjoy the outdoors. This is nothing surprising – I do believe that Spring was meant to be this way.
Several days ago, I wrote about my search for a healthy balance. I will probably always be a work in progress – never perfect – but the important thing is that I am making progress.
And guess what? I am feeling happier, healthier, and energized. Here are a few things that have worked for me:
- I am exercising. I might be starting out slow, but I am staying physically active for at least an hour a day.
- I am taking a probiotic and daily vitamins. 4X Pro-B Probiotic from Costco.com has been a huge blessing.
- I am cooking more foods with fresh ingredients (this season is so good fro that goal!)
- I am spending time each day outdoors. I’m embracing the afternoon time at the park with the kids.
- I am reading more books. Yes, reading takes time away from work that I could be getting done, but it calms me and keeps my mind active. That’s a good thing all around.
- I am drinking more water. And more and more….I just ordered some new filters for my favorite water bottle this morning!
- I am taking time off every afternoon to spend focused time on my kids. We’ve been playing games, reading, and just hanging out.
- I am getting more sleep (I admit – this weekend was not the best example of good sleep, but I did catch up with a nice Sunday afternoon nap!).
- I am learning to value my time more, and planning my days and weeks better than I have before.
- I am doing things for ME.
While book reading, planning my days, and doing things for me might not be typical things that you find on a healthy-living list, they have made a world of difference to me. I may not be losing weight quite yet (that’s the second part of my goal…) but I am feeling happier. And healthy and happy are so closely tied together.
What makes YOU feel happy and healthy? Do MORE of those things this week!
Note: This post was inspired by 4x Pro-B from Costco.com and my continued efforts to find more balance (and more happiness) in my daily life. Find out more at Costco.com or on their Facebook page.This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias (#CBias) Check out my Google + album for more detail on this shop!
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.