If you know anything about me, you probably know that I have a sweet tooth (my header gives that little fact about me away). I have long held a place in my heart for rice krispie treats, but only recently have I discovered flavored rice krispy treats. Rice crispy treats are simple, but flavored rice crispy treats are simply amazing. (And, yes, if you wondered, I’m still not convinced about how to spell Krispie/Krispy/Crispy)
A few months ago, I made cinnamon roll rice krispie treats and had to hold myself back from eating the entire pan. They were that good. I’ve made them a couple times since then, but for some odd reason never got around to sharing the recipe here. I apologize. It took a week of filling in for the 5 Minutes for Mom Food column to make me realize my over-sight and go searching for the pictures I took when I made them back in January. I’ll blame my neglect on the fact that I wasn’t overly thrilled with the pictures. Regardless of how these look, trust me when I say that they are to die for.
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tsp molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Crispies (Rice Krispies) Cereal
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Butter a 9x13 dish; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in salt, molasses, and cinnamon.
- Add marshmallows to melted butter mixture and stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Fold in Rice Crispy Cereal, a cup at a time, and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour Rice Crispy Treat mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Spread mixture evenly into pan with a buttered spatula or buttered hands.
- Allow to cool several minutes, then cut while still slightly warm.
- Use your hands to round the edges of the cut squares.
- Allow to cool completely (remember not to stack rice crispy treats while they are cooling or they will be forever stuck together).
- Swirl cream cheese frosting on the tops of the rice crispy treats and then dust lightly with cinnamon.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Whip together butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and then add in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread or pipe over rice crispy treats.
Recipe based on the recipe I found on Cooking Classy. Thank you, Jaclyn, for such amazing recipes!
© 2012 – 2013, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines