Nothing says outdoors and grill like the Fourth of July. This week was made for grilling (really, it should be a crime to NOT cook something on the grill on the 4th of July, don’t you think?) and friends and family.
I love grilling during the summer months, mostly because I want to do anything I can to avoid making my house any hotter than it already is, and cooking dinner on the stove or in the oven every night not only heats the kitchen up, but it heat ME up as well. Trust me…I don’t need any help with that.
Most of the time when I’m grilling, I simply throw something together for the family (a few burgers and hot dogs, a quick salad, and we’re good to go). Summer parties and backyard get-togethers, however, are a completely different ball game.
When I entertain, I want things to move a little more smoothly than they might on a typical family night, and yet I want to maintain the relaxed, casual feel as well. Here are a few tips to make BBQs and summer-time outdoor get-togethers more enjoyable for the guests AND the hosts.
Tips to enjoy a relaxed and yummy BBQ party
- Prepare as much of the food ahead of time as possible (cut veggies, form hamburger patties, marinate meats, etc) so that you aren’t spending your party time preparing.
- Provide plenty of snacks for guests to munch on while the food is on the grill
- Set the tone with some fun background music
- Place chairs outside so that guests can join the griller outside for pre-meal conversation
- Include a cooler full of ice and drinks right next to the grill. Nothing draws people onto the back porch like cold drinks!
These are just a few of my tips for grilling while also being the host. I would love if you would share your tips with me! One of my lucky readers who answers below will win a $25 Sears Gift Card!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.