I have spent so much time in my kitchen since I’ve gotten back home…it’s about time for me to post a recipe or two, don’t you think?
While I was out of town, I received a package with two Nakano seasoned rice vinegars (original and roasted garlic) plus a small recipe book. I found plenty of recipes that sounded delicious, but I let my oldest daughter choose the recipe that we’d make this week. She zoned in on the Grilled Lemon Chicken.
- ½ cup low-fat lemon-flavored yogurt
- ⅓ cup NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar Original or Roasted Garlic
- 1 piece (1×1-inch) ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- Skewers (if wooden, soak in hot water 15 minutes)
- Heat grill (I use an electric grill and panini press – the best thing I’ve ever bought for my kitchen!).
- In large bowl, combine yogurt, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, cumin, pie spice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1½ to 2-inch cubes. Add chicken to yogurt mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Place chicken onto heated electric grill or thread chicken onto skewers. You can spoon marinade over the chicken now, but be sure to discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until no longer pink in center, about 3 to 4 minutes per side (or if using an electric grill like me, simply close the grill and cook chicken for about 5 minutes).
- Makes 4 servings, but there was plenty of marinade for me to add a little more chicken to feed my big family.
The kids loved it, too!
You can find more recipes using seasoned rice vinegars at Mizkan.com/recipes. This week, I added a splash of garlic rice vinegar to the grilled green beans and sweet peppers (yum) as well as the ham fried rice that we ate last night. A little goes a long way! I love that I can add so much flavor without adding calories or fat.
Nakano 60-Day SPLASH IT ON, STEP IT UP CHALLENGE
Nakano recently launched Splash it on, Step it up – a 60-Day walking challenge to encourage people to make healthy lifestyle choices. The challenge encourages participants to eat more veggies and become more active. The app includes features such as a step tracker, healthy eating tips, and fitness tips…and prizes, of course!
SPLASH IT ON, STEP IT UP Prizes:
- First prize winner receives a one-year free gym membership. (If over 1 million steps are reached over the course of the 60 days, a second 1st prize will be awarded.)
- Second prize winner receives six personal training sessions.
- Third prize winner will receive a Nakano workout bag.
Splash for Cash
The Splash for Cash Sweepstakes is exclusively for Splash Recipe Club members. Here’s all you need to know:
- Sign up to receive the free monthly Splash e-Newsletter
- Splash Recipe Club includes recipes and blog features
- Each month a Splash subscriber has the chance to win $150
- Open your Splash e-Newsletter…be sure to watch for your name each month
- A Grand Prize of $600 will be awarded to one Splash e-Newsletter subscriber in March 2013
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Nakano and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.