Tonight the Opening Ceremonies of the London 2012 Olympic Games will begin. The Olympic Games kick off TODAY, July 27, and run through August 12.
What’s YOUR Olympic Sport?
Unlike many young children, I never had hopes of being an athlete in the Olympic games. My chosen sport – ballet – never made it into the Olympics, but from a very early age, I was absolutely fascinated by gymnastics. I watched every gymnastics event in every Summer Olympics when I was a kid. If I could chose one event to compete in, it would definitely be gymnastics (just please don’t ask me to put my 30-something-year-old body into one of those tight suits now…).
Though my Olympic-hopeful days are long past, I would still love to participate in them somehow…from the stands, preferably! Just imagine if you could follow along with the Summer Olympic Games in person every four years? You’d be the envy of all your neighbors and Facebook friends, that’s for sure.
Check out how easy it is to enter to win the ticket of a lifetime:
In the mean time, as The Olympics officially begin this weekend, I wanted to introduce you to the amazing line-up of athletes that @TeamVisa is sponsoring this year in London. I know how much each of these Olympians, whether they are veterans of the Olympics, or competing in their first Olympic Games, appreciate the support and cheers of their fans.
Meet the US Team Visa Athletes:
…and follow all of them on twitter (I’m sure they would love to hear that you’ve been cheering for them!).
- Alana Nichols (Paralympic Wheelchair Basketball): @alananichols21
- Alicia Sacramone (Gymnastics): @asac3
- Allyson Felix (Track & Field – Sprinter): @allysonfelix
- Bryan Clay (Track & Field – Decathlon): @bryanclay
- David Boudia (Diving): @davidboudia
- Jessica Long (Paralympic Swimming): @jessicalong92
- Katie Hoff (Swimming): @khoff09
- Kerri Walsh (Beach Volleyball): @kerrileewalsh
- Lopez Lomong (Track & Field – Sprinter): @lopezlomong
- Michael Phelps (Swimming): @michaelphelps
- Misty May Treanor (Beach Volleyball): @MistyMayTreanor
- Nastia Liukin (Gymnastics): @nastialiukin
Win $40 in Visa gift cards!
One lucky reader will receive two $20 VISA gift cards (equaling $40 total).
- To enter, leave a comment letting me know what SPORT you would compete in if you could (don’t worry – I will not be checking to see if you actually have any skill in said sport!).
- For extra entries (not required), I would love to have Better in Bulk readers create the most number of cheers for our athletes! Just click the yellow cheer button above and let me know in a comment what athlete, team or country you submitted a cheer for.
- For ANOTHER extra entry, share this post on twitter. Here’s a sample tweet to copy and paste:
What Olympic Sport would YOU compete in? Answer & enter to win $40 VISA card #giveaway from @1momof5 http://bit.ly/N2hQtv #VisaGoWorld
You can tweet and CHEER every day for entries.
This giveaway is open to everyone and will end on Monday, August 6, 2012 at midnight. Winner will be chosen at random and notified via email. Stay tuned for MORE Visa gift card giveaways coming soon!
Disclosure: I am blogging on behalf of the Visa Go World Olympic Campaign and receive compensation for my time, but the thoughts, words, and promotions on this page are mine, not Visa’s. The gift card promotions are not sponsored by Visa in any way. And that ballerina up there? That’s a photo straight from my childhood photo album. I was a poppy in the Wizard of Oz.
© 2012 – 2013, Lolli. All rights reserved.