I wrote my Blogher Top 10 list this morning and was not entirely shocked to find that everything that made my time at Blogher so much fun really had nothing to do with Blogher.
That is not to say that I didn’t have a wonderful time at Blogher this year. It was just different. And I really don’t feel like I just got home from a conference. A very busy weekend of parties and sight-seeing, yes. A wonderful opportunity to see a bunch of my friends in the same place. Absolutely. Educational? Eh. Beneficial for my blog? Sadly, I have to say probably not. I go to conferences to network, and I felt like there was too much “noise” for any of that to happen. I didn’t have time to attend any sessions, and I heard that the classes were too packed to get into, anyway.
Regardless, Blogher12 was full of fun experiences. Here’s the top of my list:
- Falling asleep in a cool room every night
- Chatting on the penthouse rooftop with Kelly Whalen
- Sharing a cab with four women (with Elizabeth Norton on my lap)
- Dancing with the Rockettes
- Seeing Newsies on Broadway
- Hanging out in the hallway with friends during Sparklecorn
- Getting a personal ride to Times Square from my wonderful sponsors, Dodge
- Having a shopping spree at the Scholastic store
- Getting two back massages in one day
- Walking around NYC for 4 1/2 hours and making it back to the hotel minutes before the lightening started
I didn’t take many pictures with my real camera. I was much more likely to whip out my phone and Instagram my experience. Remember that Blogher collage project I mentioned before I left? If you haven’t entered yet, you should hop on over to Picaboo and enter to win one of three collage posters.
For more inspiring photos, check: High Impact Mom, The Bonafide Life, Shanamama, From Dates to Diapers, Not Your Mom Blog, The Divine Miss Mommy, Colorado Moms, Rajean Blomquist and Zensible Mama and link your own photo stories.
Linked up to Wordful Wednesday, Wordish Wednesday, and Wordless Wednesdays all over.
Are you playing along with Wordless or Wordful Wednesday today? Link up!
Want to grab my button?
© 2012, Lolli. All rights reserved.