I don’t know about you, but I adore Butterfingers. And rice krispie treats. OK, I am pretty partial to most sweets.
You can’t go wrong when you pair two favorites – Butterfingers candy bars and rice krispie treats. Oh, and marshmallows. Can’t forget the marshmallows.
I’ve been cooking like a mad woman lately (I’ll apologize now for the abundance of recipes that will be posted), and this has been my most requested recipe. It’s super easy (add Butterfingers to your basic rice crispy treats recipe) and super tasty.
Butterfingers Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 36 regular marshmallows (or 3 very full cups mini marshmallows)
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 regular-sized Butterfingers candy bars
- Crush Butterfingers in a large plastic bag. Reserve about ¼ cup crushed Butterfingers. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and melt, stirring frequently.
- When the marshmallow/butter mixture is fully melted, remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour rice cereal into the pan and add crushed Butterfingers (save the ¼ cup reserved crumbs for later). Stir gently until completely covered.
- Press rice crispy treats into a lightly buttered 9×13 baking dish and press firmly into pan.
- Sprinkle reserved Butterfinger crumbles over the top of the rice krispie treats and press slightly to make the crumbles "stick". Let cool for at least 30 minutes and cut into bars.
- Store rice krispie treats in a covered container.
For an even more delectable treat, add melted chocolate to the top of the treats like I did with the mint chocolate version last week.
© 2013 – 2015, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines