I received $100 from Merck Consumer Care, and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience. This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Merck Consumer Care.
The neighborhood pool is filled with sparkling, inviting water. The lounge chairs are arranged next to the pool. The fans are running non stop in my house to keep the summer heat at bay. The kids are finishing up the school year and I am scrambling to figure out what I can do to keep the kids engaged for the next 3 months.
Luckily, I have a few years’ experience with keeping kids engaged during long, hot summer days. Here are my family’s top 10 favorite summer activities to do together.
- Visit a museum or other local attraction (like the aquarium or zoo) that you don’t have time for during the school year
- Start a chapter book together and read aloud at a set time every day
- Find a local theater that has free or cheap Summer movies
- Go on a hike
- Plant and maintain a garden as a family. Then enjoy the “fruits” of your labors together!
- Invite friends over regularly (the plus to that is that your kids will usually get a return invite!)
- Schedule a weekly library day. (We always join the library’s summer reading program)
- Play tourist in your home town. Give everyone a camera and look at your city through different eyes
- Attend an outdoor concert (check to see if your community has free summer concerts)
- Play some games together (either a board game or a game online)
I am joining hundreds of other families across the country by taking the Active Family Project pledge to make some playdates…together!
About the Active Family Project
The Active Family Project is designed to help empower moms to enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with their families so they can live life the way they love. It aims to spotlight tips and advice for fun family activities and build a national community of moms dedicated to adopting and promoting a healthy and active family lifestyle.
Get tips and ideas for your family’s playtime together with the Active Family Project Activity Finder. This go-to guide offers some instant solutions to your playtime needs, and aims to promote quality time and help your family live life more fully.
Enter the Family Playdate Sweepstakes!
Ready for a summer full of family fun? Enter the Family Playdate Sweepstakes. This week you can win the Beach Adventure Prize Pack which includes: $350 gift card redeemable at an outdoor sports retailer which may be used towards the purchase of swim wear for (4); a pop-up beach cabana; a beach volley ball set; a deluxe sand sculpting set; a beach bocce set; a video camera; and (4) Active Family Project tote bags.
And then there’s the GRAND PRIZE which includes: a (7) day/(6) night trip for winner and up to (3) guests to a resort located in Port St. Lucie, Florida; round trip coach air transportation between the major U.S. gateway airport nearest the Grand Prize winner’s residence and the destination city and standard hotel accommodations for (6) nights; one year’s worth of home cleaning services from a national cleaning service awarded in the form of a $2,500 Gift Certificate; a video camera; and (4) Active Family Project tote bags.
Sweepstakes ends 11:59:59pm ET on 5/26/2013.
Enter the sweepstakes, make the promise to make some playdates, and start making some fun plans for the summer!
Active Family Project Website: http://www.activefamilyproject.com/
Like them on Facebook: facebook.com/activefamilyproject
Enter the Sweepstakes: facebook.com/activefamilyproject/app_450466661697948
© 2013, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines