I’m back from my 5-day, 1300 mile road trip, and figured that while I’m unpacking and washing load after load of laundry, I’d stop in and share another rice krispie treat recipe.
I’ve tried a few versions of peanut butter and chocolate rice crispy treats (of all the varieties of rice krispy treats that I’ve tried this year, these are probably the most common variety) but this particular combination of ingredients was the most popular at our house.
And by “most popular” I mean that they were devoured within the hour. Who doesn’t love the classic flavor of peanut butter and chocolate together? AND who doesn’t love a quick and easy no-bake dessert?
And now….Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats!
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until almost melted.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla to melted marshmallow/butter and stir until combined.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in cereal, a cup at a time, until it’s evenly coated with the peanut butter-marshmallow mixture.
- Press cereal mixture into a 9×13 pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Gently press down with a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Scatter peanut butter cup pieces over rice krispie treats. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave (check package for recommended time and temperature), then drizzle chocolate over cereal and candy.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares and enjoy!
My favorite addition to this rice krispie treat variety was the chunky peanut butter. The nuts are not over-powering (my kids who are not fans of chunky peanut butter had no idea that I had used chunky instead of smooth) but I could tell!
I found this recipe on Redbook Magazine. Yum! Everyone will love this no-bake dessert.
© 2013, Lolli. All rights reserved.