I love the taste of berries and white chocolate together, so pairing them in another rice krispy treat variety sounded like perfection.
This rice crispy treats recipe was easy to make as well as sweet and tasty and incredibly moist. In fact, they were a little too moist and didn’t stick together quite as well as a typical rice krispie treat. Which didn’t stop me from eating a bunch of them…
White Chocolate Red Berry Rice Krispie Treats
The white and red colors in these rice krispie treats would make them perfect for your next “red” holiday, like Valentine’s Day or Christmas. What occasion would you like to make these for?
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10½-oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 7 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until almost melted.
- Stir in jam and vanilla extract and continue to stir until mixture is fully blended.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in rice krispies, white chocolate and cranberries until evenly coated.
- Press mixture into a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and press down gently but firmly with a spatula or greased hands.
- Cool completely and cut into 24 squares.
© 2013, Lolli. All rights reserved.