This Southwest chipotle chicken taco or salad recipe is sponsored by Hidden Valley through TapInfluence, but all thoughts as well as the recipe are my own.
Perhaps it is because of my California roots. Or maybe my taste buds are simply more attuned to the flavors of the Southwest. I just LOVE chipotle-flavored dishes.
And I have a new favorite salad dressing. Have you seen the new varieties from Hidden Valley Ranch at your grocery store lately? I was immediately drawn to the Southwest Chipotle Homestyle Originals creamy dressing from Hidden Valley? It is pure Southwest perfection. Full of flavor, not too spicy, and so versatile.
Think Hidden Valley is just for topping salads? Think again! Of course, the Southwest Chipotle is a pretty stellar salad topper, but I had so much fun this week trying it out on chicken. Yes, a creamy dressing on chicken. Yum!
My recipe is so simple, so fresh, and so delicious – it even got a “Wow! This is amazing!” from my oldest daughter who works at a Mexican restaurant. She happily ate leftovers not once but twice.
Southwest Chipotle Chicken Taco or Salad with Hidden Valley
- Hidden Valley Homestyle Originals Southwest Chipotle dressing
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2-4 depending on how many tacos or salads you’re making)
- Flour tortillas (for tacos) or Tortilla chips (for salad)
- Taco/salad fillers: chopped lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocados, olives, cojita cheese (or feta cheese, of you don’t have this crumbly Mexican cheese available), roasted corn, fresh cilantro, etc.
- Spread both sides of chicken breasts generously with Southwest Chipotle dressing ( I used about 2 tablespoons or less per chicken breast).
- Grill chicken until middle is no longer pink.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a cutting board and slice into thin strips.
- Add sliced chicken to salad or tacos.
Tip: Use Southwest Chipotle dressing on your tacos instead of salsa and sour cream. So delicious!
I love meals like this – start with a deliciously seasoned meat and then add bowls of ingredients for the family to choose from. Everyone makes it their own. Some had a salad and some had tacos. Everyone enjoyed the dressing. It topped off the meal perfectly.
Hidden Valley has so many delicious products, from flavored ranch dressings (Spicy Ranch, Bacon Ranch, Cracked Peppercorn Ranch, and more), to dips and dressing mixes, vinaigrettes, and creamy flavors (like the Southwest Chipotle).
Hidden Valley has a ton of recipe ideas on their site – I can’t wait to try some new flavors!?
Which recipes are you excited to try?
From dressings and dips to sandwich spreads and side dish solutions, the special blend of herbs and spices makes Hidden Valley the perfect addition to any recipe. For more delectable ranch recipes, visit www.hiddenvalley.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
© 2014, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines