This week, the 15 Minute Supper bloggers were challenged to come up with a quick appetizer that could be made in 15 minutes or less….and I was almost stumped. Honestly, I was just busy. And feeling uninspired.
At the last minute, I decided to consult my family recipe book, compiled by one of my Aunts years ago, to see if anyone in my extended family happened to have an easy appetizer that I could make and share. My Aunt Connie pulled through for me, and although I changed around more than a few of the ingredients on her recipe, I owe the inspiration for these cilantro black bean tortilla roll ups to her.
These tortilla roll ups couldn’t be much easier. I just threw everything into my blender (cheese included) to make the cheesy black bean spread. No chopping of ingredients needed!
Cilantro Black Bean Tortilla Roll Ups
- 1 (8 oz) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Cheddar, Monterrey Jack or Mexican cheese combo
- ½ cup black beans
- About ⅓ cup fresh, uncut cilantro (or a good sized handful from a bunch of cilantro)
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until the cilantro and black beans are finely chopped.
- Spread cheese mixture on tortillas. Roll up and then slice into1½ inch pieces. Serve with salsa.
- Note: If you have extra time, you can wrap each rolled tortilla in foil and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice right before serving.
I love that these tortilla roll ups are an easy and quick savory alternative to bring to a party. Because they’re full of beans and cheese, they’ll be nicely filling, too. I can’t wait for my next get-together now!
…to this in just a few minutes!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Strawberry Tea Sandwiches from Jen’s Journey
- 3 Quick Appetizers from Around My Family Table
- Cilantro & Black Bean Tortilla Roll Ups from Better in Bulk
- Spicy Teriyaki Sausages from Food 4 Little Ones
- White Clam Pizza from Upstate Ramblings
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014, Lolli. All rights reserved.