I love smoothies. Love them. So when the 15 Minute Suppers bloggers decided to do a beverages-themed recipe week, I knew I needed to make a smoothie recipe. I decided to try for something out of the ordinary rather than my typical mixed berries, OJ, and yogurt in the blender.
Not that there’s anything wrong with mixed berries, OJ, and yogurt.
I’ve heard that avocados are amazing in smoothies, and despite my husband’s up-turned nose, I was excited to try avocado in my smoothie.
It did not disappoint.
This smoothie was very creamy and mild – not too sweet, not too tart. I just wish it had turned out a little more blue.
Regardless of the color, it’s definitely something I’d love to make again!
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (I used half cup plain and half cup blueberry)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup avocado
- 1 banana
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- About 4-6 ice cubes
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and whipped cream, if desired.
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Blueberry Avocado Greek Yogurt Smoothie from Better in Bulk
- Blackberry Lemonade from Jen’s Journey
- Chocolate Banana Shakes from Songs Kate Sang
- Watermelon Strawberry Aqua Fresca from Around My Family Table
- Sunshine Berry Spritzer from Liz on Call
- Caramel Banana Cheesecake Smoothies from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Mango Avocado Smoothie from Upstate Ramblings
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines