It’s officially BBQ season…and I’ve got an incredible recipe to share that is not only tasty, but revolutionary in its brilliance. Kidding. A little.
I was given a challenge recently to develop a BBQ recipe using pork, veggies, and Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil for a post I wrote on Epicurious. (Yes, I was compensated for writing this recipe but all opinions are my own). I played around with some flavors, tried a few things out with my more-than-willing family of taste-testers, and came up with this:
What is so brilliant about this recipe, you ask? Part of the brilliance is this…the amazingly delicious spice rub (but that’s not all…):
If you know me at all, you won’t be surprised to hear that I like meals that are simple to make and don’t create a huge mess. These meals made in foil packets and cooked on the grill are just that – they are simple to throw together AND the foil packets practically eliminate all mess. Another bonus? The packets are portioned out for individual servings. So if someone in the family doesn’t want onions or peppers…leave them out of their packet before cooking.
I was so excited about how easy these were to make AND clean up after that I’ve been grilling all of our meats in foil for the last month!
The whole family will love these made-to-order vegetable and pork medallion meals, perfectly seasoned and conveniently grilled in single-serving packets made with Aluminum Foil. Grilling with foil packets means moist and tender meat, flavorful veggies, and no mess to clean up!
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 4-6 medium potatoes, skin on, thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 6 small sweet peppers, seeds removed and quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into large slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- PREHEAT grill to medium.
- COMBINE brown sugar, minced garlic, seasoned salt, paprika and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.SLICE pork tenderloin into 1-inch medallions; set in a large baking dish. Generously rub each side of the pork slices with seasoning rub. Set aside.
- TEAR off 6 sheets (12×18 –inches each) of Reynolds® Wrap Aluminum Foil and set on a flat surface. Lay 2-3 pork medallions in the middle of one sheet of foil. Add one-sixth of the potatoes, zucchini, sweet peppers, and onions on top of pork. Drizzle vegetables with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring up foil sides. Double-fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make six packets.
- GRILL over medium to high heat. When grill is hot, ADD packets directly to the grill, meat-side down. Lower lid and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- TURN the packets over to cook vegetable-side down, with lid closed, for another 15 minutes.
- AFTER 20-25 minutes total cooking time, check for doneness by removing one packet onto a plate and. OPEN packet carefully by cutting along top fold with a sharp knife, allowing steam to escape; then open top of foil packet
- If additional time is needed, place packet back on the grill and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- SERVE: simply open packets and serve each individual portion on a plate.
Seriously. Make this. Or grill something. Anything…in foil packets. You won’t regret it.
To see my recipe post (and give it some votes…pretty please!) head over to Epicurious. There are tons of other “Make Meal Magic” recipes from fellow bloggers using Reynolds products, from grilled meats and veggies to breakfast muffins and desserts (go…my mouth hasn’t stopped watering after checking them out!)
© 2014, Lolli. All rights reserved.