I have amazingly talented friends. This week, my friend Lisa has shared a fun St. Patrick’s Day craft with us. Lisa is my photo-walking friend who not only makes beautiful crafts but takes fabulous pictures, as well. I can’t rave enough about her.
This week, she has an adorable DIY project to make “Pinch Proof” onesies (isn’t this such a fun idea?) – don’t stop with onesies, though…grab a white t-shirt for everyone in the family and make sure you’re all safe from pinching this St. Patrick’s Day!
Materials needed for Pinch Proof Onesies:
- Green paint
- Matching ribbon
- Wax paper – place in between to prevent paint from bleeding through
- Sponge Brush
- Shamrock pattern – cut out on card stock paper
- Scotch tape – to hold pattern in place
Click this shamrock for a PDF of the stencil. Print on card stock:
How to make your own Pinch Proof Onesie:
1. Print out Shamrock (or design your own stencil).
2. Cut shamrock stencil out.
3. Put wax paper or a ziplock bag in between layers of onesie to prevent paint from seeping through.
5. Tape stencil to onesie.
4. Use dry sponge to paint inside (or outside) the stencil. For a cleaner edge, do not use a lot of paint around edges.
5. Let paint dry.
6. With a Sharpie, write out PINCH PROOF. TIP: Find a cute font, print it out and trace by putting it under the shirt.
7. Attach bow (TIP: you can sew it on, hot glue it on, or use your imagination. Want it removable? Attach it with a snap).
Are you more of a visual person? Follow these no-words-needed pictures of each step.
Who would you make this cute Pinch-Proof Onesie for?
© 2014, Lolli. All rights reserved.Powered by Sidelines